- Open Daily9:00 am
- Gates Close3:30 pm
- Zoo Cleared4:00 pm
General Admission Rates
(Rates shown do not include GST)
- Senior (60 years +)$14.81
- Youth (13-17 years)$14.81
- Children (3-12 years)$10.00
- Under 3 yearsFREE
Proudly supported by
CAUTION: Once your children enter the Polar Playground they may never want to leave!
The Polar Playground, a fully immersive play area designed as an Arctic wonderland of active participation, is an exciting addition to the Assiniboine Park Zoo that is guaranteed to have your children climbing, sliding, learning, exploring and begging for more!
From the moment you step through the doors, the unique space is designed to engage and educate children on polar bears and other northern species through motion themed activities including:
- a moving ice-mass floor that responds to footsteps
- an ice cave with hidden messages
- a responsive Aurora Borealis wall where children can conduct the northern lights, and
- a wall-sized icicle xylophone!
Check out some more pictures of the Polar Playground in our photo gallery!
Plan Your Visit
Private rooms are available for children’s birthday parties.
Click here for party package options and rates!